Monday, October 15, 2007

Leaves of Life

Slam! Came the sound from the automatic door of Telstra Corporation in Melbourne, australia. Me, Sitting in a high tech cabin in a meeting with my client managers,suddenly started feeling excitement in nerves and slowly was jaunted into the time and traveleld across a good 18 years.

Born in a lower middle class family, with big eyes and lots of dreams in them,I was treasured gift to my small family. My dad was an autorickshaw driver and mom was working as a maid-servant. Living in a big house, whose owners were in foreign countries have kept us to maintain the big house clean lifge was never short of excitement!

Started going to school at the age of 3 and I still mistily remember throwing my bag away after returning from school and jumping on mom for milk.Best part of childhood passed away in playing with trees, talking to birds and playing cricket with myself in the very big house.

I still remember the cool evening breeze flapping the leaves of huge mango tree at the backyard.scintillating it was!!!!

Dad was from one from those old schools, 'Spare the rod and spoil the child' type and was very strict on me mingling with the other kids around, so my bat, my ball & the mango tree were my best friends. And boy! it was fun!

Not many would have dealt with baby pigeon birds in a nest, shouting for food. Feeding them with a hibiscus flower, killing dragon flies with a big stick, woooo.....my childhood was lonely but was never short of action!!!

The school! To me, this was the greatest places on earth.

Continued!

No comments: